- Honorary Diploma of the Governor of Primorsky Territory,
- Certificate of Merit of Vladivostok Administration,
- Honorary Diploma of the city of Vladivostok,
- Honorary Diploma of the Legislative Assembly of Primorsky Territory,
- Medal (for contribution to the development of Vladivostok),
- Medal (90 years of the State Sanitary and Epidemiological Service of Russia - Primorsky Territory);
- Medal (in commemoration of the 145th anniversary of Vladivostok),
- Breastplate of excellence in health,
- Honorary donor of the Russian Federation,
- Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation,
- Honorary citizen of Vladivostok.
MD, PhD, Professor.
Key scientific publications, monographs: He has more than 250 scientific works on the study of etiological, pathogenetic, clinical features of diseases of Primorsky Krai's population, 50 educational and teaching aids.
Experience of work, projects, research works, other information, indicating the expert's competence in the matter of holding the council: Since 1986 – teaching. Since 2002, V.B. Shumatov heads the Department of Anesthesiology, Reanimatology and Emergency Medical Care at the Medical University. He is Chairman of the Dissertation Council of the University, from 2000 to 2005. V.B. Shumatov was Vice-Rector for Medical Work at VSMU, from 2005 to 2007 he headed the Department Healthcare in Vladivostok, since 2007 - Rector of the Medical University, from 2011 to the present - Chairman of the Council of Rectors of Primorsky Territory. Since 2016 - Secretary of the Regional Branch of the All-Russia Political Party "United Russia".