Ambassdor Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth is a South Sudanese politician and diplomat currently serving in the Transitional Government of National Unity of the Republic of South Sudan as a Minister of Petroleum. A veteran of the SPLM/SPLA and South Sudan’s struggle for independence, he served extensively in the foreign service and in shaping South Sudan’s policy on foreign relations and the economy. Below are details of his work;
- Minister of Petroleum of the Republic of South Sudan- 2016 to Present;
- Chairman of National Committee for External Relations, SPLM/SPLA-2015 to Present;
- Elected member of the National Liberation of the Sudan Peoples’ Liberation Movement-2008 to present.
- Deputy Chairman of the National Committee for External Relations, SPLM/SPLA (2014-2015);
- Ambassador of South Sudan to the United States of America (Washington DC) and the Permanent Mission of South Sudan to the United Nations (New York) (2005-2011);
- Representative of the SPLM/SPLA to the United States, United Nations and Canada (1988-2004);
- Veteran of the SPLM/SPLA and South Sudan’s Struggle for Independence.
- Presented several lectures on public matters and made policy statements to academic centers, strategic and study centers in the United States, UN, South Sudan and broader international community.
- Conducted several interviews to international media like BBC, Aljazeera, and others on the state of the South Sudan peace process.
- Master of Science (Msc) in Administration of Justice and Security- University of Phoenix;
- Bachelor of Art (BA) in Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Maryland.
Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation