Director of the Medical Research and Educational Centre of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, Head of the Urology and Andrology School of the Department of Fundamental Medicine of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Professor, Doctor of Medicine, Honoured Scientist of the Russian Federation.
The central focus of scientific research and practice:
Armais Kamalov’s scientific research focuses on urology, andrology and fundamental medicine. He is the author of many research papers, including monographs, textbooks, books, manuals, and patents for inventions. He is the author of many research papers, including monographs, textbooks, books, manuals, and patents for inventions. He was a scientific advisor of 5 doctoral and ten master’s theses. In 1992, he passed Candidate’s thesis defence, in 1998 – PhD thesis defence. Both focused on scientific rationale and introduction of radically new endoscopic methods of treatment of urological diseases.
Many years of scientific research and medical practice Armais Kamalov devoted to the development and implementation of high-tech minimally invasive methods of diagnosis and treatment of urological diseases, which significantly improved the outcome of treatment of many urological disorders.
In recent years, he has been devoting much attention to establishing a new medicine based on an interdisciplinary approach to solving men's health problems and improving reproductive health. Through his direct involvement, the organization of a programme to protect the health of the male population, including the setting up specialized medical clinics was successfully implemented in the regions of the Russian Federation.
• Medal for Labour Valour (1997)
• Order of Honour 3rd Class (2006)
• Winner of the Prizvanie (Vocation) National Award ‘The Best Doctor of Russia’ nomination ‘For Breaking a New Medical Ground’ (2006)
• Lopatkin Award Winner ‘For the Contribution to the Development of Russian Urology’ (2007 & 2012)
• Medal ‘For Contribution to International Cooperation’ (2011)
• State Award ‘For Active Citizenship and Valuable Contribution to the Public and Political Life’
• Excellent Worker of Public Health (2012)
• Honoured Scientist of the Russian Federation (2016)
• Certificate of Appreciation ‘For Merit to the Urban Community’ (2019)
Armais Kamalov is a prominent scientist, teacher, top ranking urologist, who have mastered the most advanced treatment of urological diseases, a thought leader home and abroad. He is a well-regarded professional in public and professional communities.