His Excellency Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DP World and Chairman of Ports, Customs & Free Zone Corporation, is one of Dubais leading businessmen.
HE Bin Sulayems expertise and visionary leadership spearheaded the rapid expansion of Dubais infrastructure, including ports and free zones, contributing significantly to the stellar growth trajectory of the United Arab Emirates.
Highlights of his three-decade business career include:
• Leading marine terminal operator DP Worlds expansion internationally, including the purchase of the P&O group for US$6.8 billion in March 2006, which propelled it to among the largest global port operators and trade enablers in the world with 77 marine and inland terminals in six continents.
• Overseeing the rapid development of Jafza (Jebel Ali Free Zone) into an unrivalled business park of more than 7300 companies
• Establishing and leading Nakheel, a real estate and tourism property development firm that has created many iconic Dubai projects including The Palm, the worlds largest man-made islands
• Establishing and leading Istithmar World, a major investment house focusing on private equity with a portfolio of investments in diverse sectors across North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East including retail, financial services, industry, tourism and hospitality, and healthcare
• Pioneering the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), a market for gold and precious metals, diamonds and coloured stones, energy and other commodities