The Regional Best Practices project aims to collect, exchange, and implement proven and effective best practices. The practices themselves are simple measures that can easily be implemented in new regions.
We are bringing together global best practices to shine a light on how people are fighting the pandemic and supporting economies around the world, including through state support, local measures, business initiatives, and citizens’ initiatives.
The State Commission for Arctic Development was founded by the Russian Government in March 2015 in accordance with a decree issued by the Russian President.
The aim of the State Commission is to coordinate the work of federal and regional authorities and other state bodies in addressing social and economic issues in the Arctic, as well as in the areas of transport development, environmental matters, international collaboration, and national security.
Dmitry Rogozin, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation was appointed Chair of the State Commission.
Issues for discussion:
• Drafting the Russias state programme on the socioeconomic development of the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020 and beyond
• Development of the nuclear icebreaker fleet in Russia
• Human resource development in the Arctic
• Work experience and proposals to implement priority development areas for Russias Arctic zone
• Implementation of the provisions of the International Code for Ships Operating in Polar Waters (Polar Code) in the Russian Federation
• The Scientific and industrial potential of St. Petersburg in meeting challenges related to developing the Arctic
Meeting participants: heads of federal agencies; senior officials representing Russian regions located within the Arctic zone; Russian presidential plenipotentiary envoys to individual federal districts; representatives from the Security Council and the Presidential Administration; and other state bodies, scientific and non-governmental
On the eve of EEF 2019 , Alexander Kozlov , minister for the development of the Russian Far East and the Arctic, sat down with us to discuss the results of the past few years and went into detail about the ministry s plans for the near future.