The digitalization of the fuel and energy sector in Russia has great potential, with domestic software as the backbone of information security
There are companies that, without being under sanctions, made far-reaching conclusions back in 2013–2014 and started making quite big investments into switching to domestic solutions and introducing tools, while using the experience of foreign solutions. Not just copying but making quite advanced tools that are in many ways superior to foreign solutions. That is why we have a lot of opportunities in front of us — Eduard Sheremetsev, Deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation.
Not only we, but everyone sitting here is focusing on import substitution in information security more and more. We are mobilizing all of our resources, both human and financial, to speed up all of our previous tasks and the tasks that are coming down from the regulators. We have already replaced 90% of our imported security equipment, and we will replace the remaining 10% as well — Alexander Charikov, Deputy General Director, RusHydro.
The company currently uses no less than three-quarters of Russian software in oil and gas production. For some processes, such as hydraulic fracturing modelling, hydrodynamic modelling and well geonavigation, the share is 100%, i.e. we do not depend completely on foreign solutions. <...> Separately, I would like to mention information security: we are now actively transferring all our solutions to Russian operating systems — Alexander Pashali, Director of the Department of Scientific and Technical Development and Innovations, Rosneft.