The most important problem facing the world today is the issue of preserving peace and assuring global security. These factors are more fragile and are at greater risk because of political instability, tense relations between nuclear powers, active terrorist organizations, the effects of local conflicts, as well as due to global climate change, pollution, epidemics, and technological threats. How does womens participation in assuring security help reach the most effective and softer solutions to modern challenges? How can and should the parliamentary agenda change to assure the sustainable development of society? Issues of gender equality in government. What is the potential for international womens cooperation?
Topics for discussion:
- The contribution made by women in solving current issues on the international agenda and achieving shared security and stability across the globe.
- Expanding the potential of interparliamentary dialogue in order to increase cooperation on overcoming global challenges and threats, and to build a balanced and unifying agenda.
- The key role played by women in promoting the humanization of international relations and building a platform for free dialogue between nations aimed at the harmonic development of humanity.
- Womens participation in preventing the rise and spread of conflicts and humanitarian disasters.
- Regulatory provision for expanding womens legal, economic and social opportunities and protection of their rights.
- The necessity of securing broad-based involvement among women in order to meet the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The consolidation of the global womens community to foster unity for the sake of building a safe future and achieving socioeconomic prosperity.