Fired from work? Evicted from a space youre renting? Partner refusing to pay their bills? WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
The COVID-19 pandemic has had an effect on practically every business sector: from cancelled events, to shuttered shopping malls, restaurants, cafes, and office centres, to closed banks.
The Roscongress Foundation and the law firm Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners will address five of the most common questions raised regarding the pandemic.
On 29 April at 12:30, the online conference Force Majeure 2020: Business and Acts of God will discuss if entrepreneurs can leverage a force majeure clause to excuse a breach of obligations to business partners, how international law handles the force majeure clause in similar situations, how to address rent issues, and how employers should structure their labour relations.
· Anton Alekseev, Counsel, Real Estate and Construction Practice, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
· Oleg Buyko, Counsel, Litigation Practice, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
· Valery Eremenko, Partner, Head of Litigation Practice, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
· Anna Ivanova, Head, Employment Law Practice, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
· Vera Rikhterman, Partner, Litigation Practice, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
The conference will be broadcast on the Roscongress TV Youtube channel and on the Roscongress Foundations official Facebook account. The conference is held as part of the Business: A Survival Guide event series.