A roadmap with a list of changes needed to achieve the goal of rapid development of innovations in healthcare was prepared by the All-Russian Patient Union within the Patient-Oriented Innovation Forum.
In the course of the discussion, the most pressing issues were the criteria for evaluating innovative medicines and treatment methods and the mechanism for integrating innovations into the healthcare system.
The result of the public expert discussion was the formation of a road map with specific solutions to improve the availability of innovative medical technologies and medical products. In particular, decisions on the following aspects were presented:
· Expanding the participation of patients` organisations in decision-making processes affecting the development of the healthcare system.
· Development and production of domestic medical products.
· Registration of medical products, monitoring their effectiveness and safety.
· Approaches to the selection of strategies for submerging innovative medical technologies and therapy with innovative medical products in the healthcare system.
· Mechanisms for purchasing innovative medical products.
· Digital technologies in healthcare.
· Development of a system for remote provision of patients with medical products.
For more information about construction as a sector with a sizeable share in many economies, rising level of digitalization, and shifts in consumer sentiment in real estate, please see the Digitalization, Medicine, COVID-19 and Healthcare.