On Monday, 13 April the Roscongress Foundation resources will broadcast an online conference titled Business: A Survival Guide. Saving the Hotel Industry. The conference can be viewed on the Roscongress Foundations website and Roscongress TV YouTube channel at 13:00 Moscow time.
Tourism and the hotel industry are going through an unprecedented crisis because of the COVID-19 outbreak. In Moscow alone during the past 20 days room occupancy rate dropped to 1015% from 60% during the same time a year ago. Spa hotels and health resorts in places like Sochi and other vacation destinations are not allowed to let rooms at all. The hotel industry is on the list of affected businesses but what is the government going to offer for help and would it suffice? Do the market players possess a financial cushion big enough to take them through the crisis? How can the employees be protected? What should be done to save the industry?
The discussion will bring together government representatives and business professionals. They will talk over the most relevant issues that the survival of the industry depends upon.
- Alexis Delaroff, Chief Operating Office, Accor New East Europe
- Vadim Prasov, Alliance Hotel Management, Managing Partner
- Alexander Bobylev, Chairman of the Board General Director, Baltschug
- Olga Arkhangelskaya, Partner, Head of Real Estate, Hospitality, and Construction Services, Head of the Transportation, Infrastructure and Government, and Public Group in the CIS, EY
- Zarina Doguzova, Head of Russian Federal Agency for Tourism (invited)
Alexei Bobrovsky, Head of the Economic Programme, Russia-24