The social platform is a Roscongress Foundation strategic initiative that seeks to establish and maintain a stable dialogue between business, government, and civil society. We are creating feedback tools at our existing forums and beyond. We are promoting a social agenda and fostering the development of a healthy social environment and philanthropy in Russia.
To promote consolidation, build dialogue and cooperation between social ecosystem participants, promote socially significant projects, and develop a culture of social inclusion in Russia.
- Create conditions for the promotion of a government–business–nonprofit trilateral dialogue to discuss pressing challenges in social development and the formulation of solutions at Roscongress Foundation events and beyond
- Promote international cooperation and the sharing of experience on social issues, and strengthen Russia’s image as a socially responsible state at the global level
- Support the sharing of information between social ecosystem participants and the creation of a common information space in order to build confidence between nonprofits, government, and business
- Promote socially significant projects and initiatives using the unique capabilities of the Roscongress Foundation to foster sustainable development in Russia
- Facilitate the establishment of an international women’s community in support of the ideas of global sustainable development, the strengthening of international social and cultural ties, and cooperation among women to address urgent social problems
- Develop an institute of social communication in Russia to disseminate best practices in creating social information and establish a culture of social inclusion, where each person is involved in solving social problems and developing a socially-oriented society in Russia
- Culture and education
- Social issues
- Women’s leadership
- Social communication
Tel.: +7 (495) 640 4440, ext. 148
Upcoming projects – Social Platform at SPIEF 2018
Developing a social ecosystem and addressing society’s problems are critical factors in the sustainable development of the country, the international community, and human civilization. In a social ecosystem, interaction between key stakeholders – government, business, society, and representatives from the nonprofit sector and the media – is extremely important, especially under conditions of permanent financing, competent regulation, modern technologies and high-quality information. The Roscongress Foundation has contributed to the development of a social ecosystem by creating a ‘Social Platform’.
According to Elena Marinina, Head of the Roscongress Foundation’s Directorate for the Socio-Economic Agenda, the Social Platform should be a logical continuation of Roscongress forums and fulfil its mission between events, organizing sessions in single-industry towns, discussions, roundtables, competitions, and master classes on sharing successful experiences of implementing projects. It should also participate in major international forums.
“We are seeking to involve leading Russian and foreign experts in the social platform. We want to foster an exchange of views and experiences at the global level and develop a basis for mutually beneficial international cooperation in addressing the social challenges that face Russia and the world as a whole.”
At SPIEF, the Social Platform is organizing two panel sessions. One, ‘The Eurasian Community of Women Leaders: Interaction for Change’, will raise the issue of interacting and cooperating in areas of mutual interest for participants’ countries and organizations. Such cooperation will have a positive effect on the commercial and investment climate, as well as on trade, and will also facilitate some real progress in tackling serious social issues.
Participants in the second session, ‘The Global Ecosystem of Philanthropy as the Basis for Sustainable Growth’, will discuss the large-scale transformation that this field is currently experiencing, argue whether it will be possible to create a culture of socially responsible activity in Russia, determine which areas can be considered relevant targets of social financing, and shape the trends that will determine the further development of socially-oriented practices.
The Social Platform will initiate the signing of several agreements between the Roscongress Foundation and major charitable foundations in Russia: an agreement with the «Donors Forum» on holding a foresight session and creating working groups to develop the social sector over the next ten years; a framework agreement with the Presidential Grant Fund on developing collaboration in the development of the social sector; an agreement with the Memory of Generations Foundation on a programme which supports and develops longevity in Russia; and an agreement with «The Art, Science and Sport Foundation» to create a social communication project.
The Social Platform stand will launch a competition for projects related to the environment, culture, education, family and children, the elderly, inclusivity, and new technologies. After the announcement at SPIEF, the practical part begins. Experts will conduct master classes and practical sessions, and new case studies will be created. The interim results will be summarized and the winners of the competition will be announced at the Roscongress Foundation’s next major event in Vladivostok this September.